Ms. Jessica Chen earned an LL.B. degree from National Taiwan University and was a visiting scholar in University of California, Berkeley, School of Law. Ms. Chen passed the senior civil service examination (for legal official of banking and finance), the bar examination and the judiciary examination. She has been an admitted attorney and patent agent since 1994.
Ms. Jessica Chen served as a vice president of department of legal and regulatory at Fareastone Telecommunications Co. Ltd. (“FET”) for almost 13 years. During this period, she also served as the corporate secretary of FET and the directors of FET’s subsidiaries. Prior to joining FET, Ms. Chen practiced banking and finance laws at Lee & Li attorneys-at-law for 2 years.
Earlier in her career, Ms. Jessica Chen served in Judicial Institutions for 7 years, including served as a judge at Taipei District Court, a prosecutor in New Taipei City, Kin-men, and Shi-lin District Prosecutors' Offices. During this period, in addition to civil and criminal litigations, Ms. Chen mainly specialized in intellectual property cases.
Intergrading over 20-year practicing experiences in public listing company, law firm and judicial institutions, Ms. Jessica Chen specializes in corporate law, corporate governance, competition law, mergers and acquisitions, telecommunications and media laws, intellectual property law, personal data, information security and trade secret laws, civil and criminal litigations, legislative proceedings and tactics.
Adjunct Positions & Experience
- Vice President/Corporate Secretary, FET (2005-2018)
- Attorney, Department of Banking and Finance, Lee & Li Attorneys-at-Law (1994-1995, 2004-2005)
- Judge, Taiwan Taipei District Court (2000-2003)
- Prosecutor, New Taipei City, Kin-men, and Shi-lin District Prosecutors' Offices (1996-2000)
- Visiting Scholar, Telecommunications Law, University of California, Berkeley (2011)
- Judges and Prosecutors Training Institute, Ministry of Justice (1995-1996)
- LL.B., National Taiwan University (1987-1991)
- Corporate Law, Corporate Governance
- Competition Law, Mergers & Acquisitions
- Telecommunications and Media Laws
- Intellectual Property Law
- Personal Data, Information Security and Trade Secret Laws
- Civil and Criminal Litigations
- Legislative Proceedings and Tactics
- Senior Executive Leadership Program, Stanford University-Rock Center for Corporate Governance, Stanford, CA, U.S.A (December 2016)
- Certificate, the art of advanced trail skill, National Institute for Trial Advocacy, Washington, DC, USA (November 2014)
- Executive Education, Leadership in Corporate Counsel, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA, USA (June 2014)
- Certificate, International Intellectual Property Law, University of Victoria- Division of Continuing Studies, Victoria, BC, Canada (July 2002)
- Certificate, Orientation in USA Law, University of California, Davis, Davis, CA, USA (July 2000)
- Tel: +886-2-2703-3366 ext.27
- Fax: +886-2-2703-3353
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org