Pei-Chen earned her LL.M. degree from Georgetown University Law Center and LL.B. degree from National Taiwan University. She served as an Investigator for the Control Yuan (Taiwan’s Ombudsman Office), investigating unlawful action or misconduct of government officers under the direction of Members of the Control Yuan (Ombudsman). She also served as a Legal Specialist in the Overseas Community Affairs Council. Pei-Chen acquired vast & layered experiences in contract negotiations and compliance review, including various projects with Mitsubishi Motors, Daimler Chrysler and other foreign motor companies or system developers when she was an in-house counsel for China Motor Corporation.
Pei-Chen specializes in drafting and negotiation of commercial contracts and corporate's compliance with laws, including ODM/OEM supply contract, distribution contract, franchise contract and development contract. She also reviews and advises on Taiwan government procurement project for foreign clients.
Pei-Chen established her own law firm “JustLaw, Tsai & Associates” in early 2010. She has accumulated a wealth of experiences across industries and the clients receive counseling not only from legal perspectives, but also from business perspectives.
Adjunct Positions & Experience
- Founding Partner, JustLaw, Tsai & Associates
- Legal Counsel, China Motor Corporation
- Associate, Su Chen & Associates
- Legal Specialist, Overseas Community Affairs Council
- Investigator, Control Yuan (Taiwan’s Ombudsman Office)
- LL.M., Georgetown University Law Center
- LL.B., National Taiwan University (The Finance & Economics Law Division of the Law Department)
- Commercial Contracts and General Counseling for Corporate
- International Transactions, esp. Manufacture & Supply
- International Trade
- Company Law
- Competition Law
- Government Procurement Law
- Construction and projects in Taiwan: overview (on the website of Thomson Reuters PRACTICAL LAW)