Han-Hsi Indy Liu
Mr. Liu graduated from National Taiwan University Law School and earned an LL.M. from University of Washington and an LL.M. from National ChengChi University. Now, He is a S.J.D. Candidate in Georgetown University Law Center. Mr. Liu, our of counsel, worked at several medical institutions and international law firms. He has rich experience in medical, public health, biotechnology, and law. He specializes in information privacy, healthcare, bioethics, foreign investment, and intellectual property issues for clients in IT, life science, and medical industries.
Honors & Awards
- Government Scholarship Award for Bioethics and Health Law (1st of two recipients, 2012)
- Ministry of Education Award for Attending International Conference (2008)
- National Science Council Award for Attending International Conference (2006 and 2007)
- Dean Award of National Chengchi University Law School (top three graduate students, 2005)
- Minister of National Defense Award (2004)
- Certified as Taiwanese attorney in 2004 and patent attorney in 2005
- Member of the European Chamber of Commerce Taipei, Pharmaceutical Committee
- Member of Taiwan Administration Law Association
- Associate of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
- Information Privacy
- Health Law
Adjunct Positions & Experience
- Senior Associate, Pontis Law
- Associate, Eiger Law
- Project specialist, International Community Health Services, Seattle
- Legal counselor, Taiwan Foundation For Rare Diseases
- Legal counselor and aid application reviewer, Legal Aid Foundation
- Certificate in Law, Georgetown University (2014- present)
- Certificate in Public Health, National Yang-Ming University (2012- present)
- L.L.M., University of Washington (2007)
- L.L.M., National ChengChi University (2011)
- LL.B, National Taiwan University (2002)
- “Utilization of Health Information and Protection of Patient Privacy in Taiwan,” Medicine and Law Journal, Volume 29 Number 1 (March 2010).
- Current News, Asian Pacific, Taiwan Chapter, Computer Law and Security Review, vol. 26, no. 6 to vol. 29, no. 2 (November 2010 to April 2013), coauthored with Marcus Clinch.
- “Taiwan” (Ch. 15), in Respondek and Fan, Asia Arbitration Guide (2011), 181–201, coauthored with Nathan Kaiser, Randolph Hsu, Houchi Kuo, and Andrea Neuer.
- Raymond S. Edge and John Randall Groves, Ethics of Health Care: A Guide for Clinical Practice (Thomson Delmar Learning, 2006), cotranslated into Chinese with Shinrou Lin and Pei-Ling Tsai
- Tel: +886-2-2703-3366
- Fax: +886-2-2703-3353
- Email: email@example.com